Pages

Thursday 7 August 2014

Fringe Review IV Deads Poets' Death Match

As I said before, I love to just walk around the Fringe and see what happens and sometimes I just go to my favorite venues and have a look what's on. One of these venues is the Banshee Labyrinth. Even outside of the Fringe I go there quite often, and since it has several rooms, there is usually something going on, that interests me.

So the other night I went there to catch just one show before work and I stumbled into Dead Poet's Death Match.

Here are three talented young guys reciting poems from all kinds of very dead poets, some of them are presented in a kind of regular poem form, some of them are presented in rap versions. The boys also read some of their original work, which was also very impressive. Towards the end they all dressed up in more or less monster like costumes and the monsters competed against each other trying to battle their enemies with words instead of physical violence. And it was glorious although they spoke so fast it was sometimes difficult for me to keep up. But all three of them are so talented and I admire the ability to just come up with that kind of .... I don't even know a word for what I saw and heard... maybe wealth of words used in a creative way. If you are into poetry at all I really recommend this show. SO GOOD! 

No comments:

Post a Comment