Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

Fringe Reviews III Jimeoin

As hostel staff we have the privilege to get a bunch of free tickets to shows that we usually couldn't afford. That way we can recommend them to our guests. That was the case with the Jimeoin tickets as well. In fact we got quite a few for him. And because some of the hostel people had seen him a few days before and absolutely loved him I thought why not. The gift horse strikes again.

This time it wasn't a small attic or an improvised theatre like the other shows I'd seen so far. The room reminded me of a cinema or an opera house with really comfy chairs, a sparkly bar downstairs and people who organise the seating.
Jimoin is one of these comedians who basically tell one joke after another and include the audience a little. Not my favourite type of show, I prefer theatre and caberet, but I have to admit that he made me laugh here and there. But he had the other people in stitches and they generally seemed to enjoy his show. So I guess, if you are into that kind of comedy you will have a blast.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't bored, I enjoyed it more than I expected, but I am quite sure it will not be my personal favourite of this year's Fringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment